Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's a Snow Party

I live in the Marmalade District near the Capitol. My house is on a corner at the bottom of two hills, one is a lot steeper than the other. Friday night I was getting ready to meet some friends and I looked out side and it had started to snow really bad. About ten minutes later I heard the loudest thud and felt my apartment shake. I looked out my back window and saw a car with it's hazards on in the middle of the street. I went outside to this...


...and then five minutes later this...

Needless to say I didn't end up going out that night, for two reasons: First, my driveway was pretty much blocked that I couldn't get my car out. Second, my whole neighborhood came out and hung out for a good 2 and a half hours watching all the cars slide down the hill. We had the best time ever. One girl brought out warm cookies she had just baked. Another guy brought out drinks for everyone. I've lived in my apartment for six months and didn't know any of my neighbors. Now I know most of them.

This is my new friend Chuck.

These are all the nice policemen that hung out with us.


The next morning I went to check out the damage on the corner and someone had built a snowman out of some of the wreckage from the cars.


I know where I'll be during the next snow storm.

No comments: